Sunday, July 18, 2010

2 Updates, EWI and BP

The EWI Financial forecast was not as important as I thought.   It was 40 pages long, usually they are 12 to 20.   It had about 35 pages of an event by event evolution of the Beatles, comparing their sucess and failure to various market metrics, in my humble opinion, whatever happens to best support the point they are trying to make at the time.

Sometimes they use the Dow, and sometime the Dow/PPI, and sometimes DOW/GOLD.   Fortunately I was on a beach, taking a mini-vacation, so I didn't feel like I was wasting time reading about the Beatles.   And then, EWI says, even though this report is more than twice as long, they will only count it for two months that their subscribers deserve.  WOW!!   Give me a break.....we are potentially as a massive turning point and EWI is spewingo n about the Beatles and neglecting to provide full updates, whilst charging the full price for a subscription.   Sorry, this really doesn't cut it for me.  

But on the other hand, it is not like they went to to harp about "full tilt bear positions" which would likely cause the powers that be to drop and then ramp the market up in order to take the EWI bear money.



item 2---BP

In a letter addressed to Bob Dudley, BP managing director, National Incident Commander Thad Allen said tests had detected a “seep a distance from the well and undetermined anomalies at the well head.” The letter was posted on the website of the joint information center for the spill.

I agree that the US Gov could "nationalize" BP to the extent of controlling their actions in this national emergency, however, i have never heard that such a thing has happened.   I find it interesting that a Us military Admiral is "directing BP" even if it is just for a report at this moment. 

http://www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com/posted/2931/BP_Letter_18_July.791571.pdf

I have scoured the web and cannot find any more information about this "weep" of oil from the ocean floor.

UPDDATE
Ok found some old ones --from 6-13-10, weeps filmed buy ROV Poseiden.   I haven't researched this, apparently the Gov is saying these could be natural leaks, not related to the Big Leak.



1 comment:

  1. I wish I was smoking what EWI is smoking. wow.

    hey, what market event correlated with ringo walking out of the white album sessions? just wondering. and does paul's surprise appearance at ring's 70th birthday performance here in nyc mean anything for the markets? a bull run, perhaps? a band on the run? anything?

    ReplyDelete

Insightful and Useful Comment!